[U-Boot-Users] reg ISP 1561 integration with u-boot1.1.6

Markus Klotzbücher mk at denx.de
Wed Jan 10 23:01:31 CET 2007

Hi Matthias,

Matthias Fuchs <matthias.fuchs at esd-electronics.com> writes:

> it's working. I modified the testing-USB branch to run against a PCI OHCI
> controller (Philips ISP1561) on the APC405 board (PowerPC PPC405GPr).
>
> Enumeration and USB storage is working. I do not dare to say 'working well'.
>
> The main changes concern endianess fixes. The former code only supports OHCI
> controller with the same endianess as the CPU. The other fix allows a offset

IIRC same problem with the 440EP and MPC5200, thats what the extra
#ifdef in drivers/usb_ohci.c:103 is for.

> to access the system RAM by the busmastering OHCI controller. I called this
> constant CFG_PCIRAM_BASE. But the name is a little bit confusion, isn't it?
>
> Here are my (first) questions:
> 1) What do I have to do in usb_board_stop() and usb_board_init_fail()?
> My current code can only initialize the OHCI controller once. A 2nd 'usb
> start' does not find any devices.

You might not have to do anything, but maybe you'll need to do some
board dependant cleanup for example. If not just leave them empty.

> 2) I had to disable the 'return -1' statement for an unfinished urb in
> sohci_submit_job(). Why isn't it finished?

I really don't know, I guess only you can answer this!

> Please do not blame me for the board dependent code still in the usb_ohci.c
> file. I will move it later.

Who else shall we blame then ;-) ?

Regards

Markus Klotzbuecher