[U-Boot-Users] Changes to U-Boot Development Process

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Thu Jan 18 15:46:12 CET 2007

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Hello,

[snip]

> We would like to follow the Linux precedent by assembling a  list  of
> people  willing  to  invest  time  and  effort into this; the already
> existing MAINTAINERS file will serve  a  new  function  to  list  the
> individual  custodians with their corresponding area of responsibilty
> and contact information.
>
> Each custodian will have to administrate  his  or  her  git  tree  to
> streamline transparent development and integration (pulling) into the
> "official"  U-Boot repository. If the need should arise (for example,
> if a custodian doesn't have convenient means  to  host  it  himself),
> DENX will of course be glad to host such trees.

It I don't know if the request is reasonable in terms of disk space and
burdening denx.de with administrative work, but it would be nice if the
primary maintainers had their official feeder repositories on the
denx.de site.  It is _very_ useful to have the feeder git repositories
in one place for easy reference, and that way the repositories would
tend to be more stable and available.

[snip]

> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk, Stefan Roese, Detlev Zundel

As always, thank you very much for your efforts in the past and your
thoughtful work to always improve both u-boot and the development
methodology!

Best regards,
gvb