[U-Boot-Users] Changes to U-Boot Development Process

Kim Phillips kim.phillips at freescale.com
Thu Jan 18 18:40:51 CET 2007

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 17:23:01 +0100
Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:

> Dear Jerry,
>
> in message <45AF8834.9050904 at smiths-aerospace.com> you wrote:
> >
> > It I don't know if the request is reasonable in terms of disk space and
> > burdening denx.de with administrative work, but it would be nice if the
> > primary maintainers had their official feeder repositories on the
>
> There is no problem with that from our side, but I tend to leave  the
> decision up to the respective custodians. They will have wo work with
> the  repos,  and  they  should be able to do it in the way that seems
> most efficient to them.

thanks Wolfgang.

I'm also honoured to help, and I'll try, but I still have a couple of questions:

1. what can we do about the 40KB limit on u-boot-users?  A patch for new board support usually requires more than that, and even when given a URL, it's not as easy for people to review the patches properly.

2. what is the utility of the "U-Boot spam^H^H^H^Hpatch tracking system"? and the "DENX Support System" for that matter?  Is it me or are they just cluttering people's inboxes?

3. does a subsystem maintainer get leverage into changes made in the higher level components of Das U-Boot?  E.g., I'm still a firm believer that the device tree source should live in the bootloader ;)

Kim