[U-Boot-Users] Changes to U-Boot Development Process

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Fri Jan 19 08:17:47 CET 2007

Hi Wolfgang,

On Thursday 18 January 2007 22:40, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> > The sum total of all these files is usually more than 40KB.  I think what
> > you're
>
> Just run a check like "du -sh board/*" - most board directories  take
> 20...50  kB,  plus  - say - 8...15 kB for the board config file. This
> fits easily in the 40 kB limit if compressed.
>
> And, let's face it, adding new boards is the exception. Count how many
> patches have been submitted so far, and how many boards we support.
> It's a completely insignificant fraction. I don't think it would be a
> good idea to fix the limits to suite such exceptions. These can be
> compressed.

I'm with the Freescale guys here. I don't like compressed patches. This
requires some extra steps to review (at least for me) and normally I am too
lazy to do this right away when reading the mails. Even if these boards
support patches are not that frequent, there should be no "obstacle" to send
them inline.

Best regards,
Stefan