[U-Boot-Users] Changes to U-Boot Development Process

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Fri Jan 19 17:21:17 CET 2007

Haavard Skinnemoen wrote:
> On 1/17/07, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
>
>> Do we have an immediate line of volunteers raising in the first row?
>>
>> AVR32 architecture      Haavard Skinnemoen
>
> Thanks, I'll do my best in keeping the quality of the AVR32 port as
> good as the rest of the tree. I welcome this change in the development
> process, since I believe the new model will scale very well, as the
> Linux Kernel project has shown.
>
> I think I will keep publishing our stuff on www.atmel.no, since I'm
> working behind a proxy and that's the only server I can push to
> directly. But if all the other arch trees end up on denx.de, I can
> probably set up a cronjob somewhere to sync the two trees, or just do
> the push in two stages.
>
> Best regards,
> Haavard

...or Wolfgang can mirror the remote repositories by simply having a
cron job do a git pull periodically.  That is probably the easiest and
best solution.  It is trivial to pull, harder to push.

It sounds like denx.de has both the disk and bandwidth resources to
support the feeder repositories (Wolfgang's message on that was a little
confusing).  I continue to advocate having all the git repositories
(either mirror or primary) on one site for easy reference and availability.

Thanks,
gvb