[U-Boot-Users] u-boot delay on OMAP2430 SDP

Woodruff, Richard r-woodruff2 at ti.com
Sun Jan 21 20:52:24 CET 2007

> I am using the "u-boot_16.3.tar.gz" ( u-boot version 1.1.4 ) sources
> downloaded from the "linux.omap.com" site, for booting the OMAP2430
SDP
> board
> from NOR flash. I built the sources for booting from NOR flash and
burn it
> using the CSST tool onto the OMAP2430 SDP board. It takes around 2 to
4
> minutes for u-boot command prompt. I am also not able to boot the
linux
> kernel with this version.

Well that shouldn't happen.  I've not seen that before.  However, I'm
not sure which snapshot is on the web.  A couple things come to mind as
possibilities.

-1- You need to set dip switches correctly.

-2- Some code was added for another program which created a path where
udelay was called before the timer was setup properly.  If you are
unlucky this can lock you up.  If you remove its usage in sys_info.c in
the board identification path it may fix your issue.  This is fixed in
later images.

Next week perhaps I can send you a binary which is known to be good.

Regards,
Richard W.