[U-Boot-Users] Changes to U-Boot Development Process

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Jan 21 21:39:15 CET 2007

Dear Guennadi,

in message <Pine.LNX.4.60.0701212118370.4555 at poirot.grange> you wrote:

> Wolfgang, thanks for maintaining this whole zoo alone up to now and for
> doing this, I too hope this change will be to the better.

So do I.

> One question, what is a u-boot architecture? If it is equivalent to a

It's a processor architecture.
> directory under cpu/ tree, then does it mean that directories not listed
> here are still maintained by you? Ok, ARM is a collection of about a half

Well, yes, unless we have a volunteer I will continue to take care of
all the rest.

The problem is that it's not at all clear how to divide everything
into subsystems such that there is no overlapping and everything is
still covered. So we try and start with the obvious.

> of those directories:-) But you splitted (almost) every PPC directory
> separately. But what about 82xx (8220, 824x, 8260 directories)? Or are
> they counted under 4xx?

They were simply forgotten. And no, 82xx not the same as  4xx  -  the
former  is  Freesale, the latter is AMCC processors, which are pretty
different.

As long as nobody volunteers these are simply still on my list - they
are low traffic these days anyway.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Your own mileage may vary.