[U-Boot-Users] yet another hang after relocate

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jan 23 01:08:29 CET 2007

In message <802881.16758.qm at web32906.mail.mud.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> Im using U-Boot 1.1.5 compiled with gcc 2.4.6 and make
> 3.80.

Why don't you use current U-Boot code your new development?

And what the heck is GCC 2.4.6???

> and others are in the new 405GPr mode.  They all boot
> and run vxworks just fine, though Im not sure if that
> runs from ram or not.

See the FAQ.

> The sdram setup for the 405 is extremely simple, just
> a few registers and delays.  It is identical to all

You still have to get it right.

> Ive added a simple mem test with and without the data
> cache, which works fine either way. Also I copy the
> entire 2MB flash to ram and then verify it back.
> Again, no problems.

See the FAQ why this doesn't mean anything.

> TEXT_BASE: fffc0000
> CFG_MONITOR_BASE: ffe00000

Really? CFG_MONITOR_BASE != TEXT_BASE ? Are you sure about this?

> CFG_ENV_ADDR: ffe3f7f0
> CFG_ENV_OFFSET: 3f7f0

Really? Not aligned to a sector boundary? Are you sure about this?

> Top of RAM usable for U-Boot at: 01000000
> Reserving 1935k for U-Boot at: 00e1c000

Really? Your U-Boot image needs nearly 2 MB ? Are you sure about this?

> I use a gpio controlled LED to pin point the crash,
> and it is just as it tries to jump to ram.

...as expected for a FAQ #1 entry question.

> I have a feeling the sdram is fine, and either

Your feeling may be wrong. And your U-Boot is misconfigured, too.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port,
And the bus is interrupted as a very last resort,
And the address of the memory makes your floppy disk abort,
Then the socket packet pocket has an error to report! - Ken Burchill?