[U-Boot-Users] yet another hang after relocate

Scott Hammond sehammond at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 23 01:35:02 CET 2007

Sorry I meant gcc 3.4.6

This is the error I get at the end of building U-Boot
1.1.6:

                -Map u-boot.map -o u-boot
cpu/ppc4xx/resetvec.o(.debug_info+0x14): relocation
truncated to fit: R_PPC_ADDR32 against `.resetvec'+4
make: *** [u-boot] Error 1

I seem to get this regardless of which standard board
I try to build for.  This particular one came from
walnut_config.  1.1.5 didnt have this problem, so I
started using that.

> > Ive added a simple mem test with and without the
> data
> > cache, which works fine either way. Also I copy
> the
> > entire 2MB flash to ram and then verify it back.
> > Again, no problems.
>
> See the FAQ why this doesn't mean anything.

Yeah I know read-write doesnt mean execute will work,
but at least I know I am copying from flash ok.

> > TEXT_BASE: fffc0000
> > CFG_MONITOR_BASE: ffe00000
>
> Really? CFG_MONITOR_BASE != TEXT_BASE ? Are you sure
> about this?

Yeah these defines did seem strange to me, thats why I
was dumping them out.  Ill dig into this and see if
that isnt the source of the problem.

thanks,
Scott