[U-Boot-Users] U-boot refactoring

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Tue Jul 3 20:48:32 CEST 2007

Between Jon's CFG->CONFIG changes, Sascha's u2boot effort, and the
duplicate file cleanup that I've been hacking on, there are a fair
number of invasive changes going in to u-boot.

Also, at OLS this year we talked a bit about formalizing the u-boot
release procedure and maybe using a merge window and a stabilization
period.

So, my question is this; with all the changes being talked about on
the list; what order/schedule should be used for bringing these
changes into mainline?  I think we should decide which pieces should
go in first, and plan to stagger them so there is time to recover from
each invasive change.  Thoughts?  I also think that Jon's CONFIG_
changes should probably be merged first, and as soon as possible.

Cheers,
g.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.