[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot-NG ?

Rune Torgersen runet at innovsys.com
Tue Jul 3 21:27:47 CEST 2007

> From: Grant Likely
> Sorry; let me be more specific; any objection to moving device
> initialization to *after* relocation to RAM.  I'm not asking about
> removing console output.

Most devices are fine to init after RAM.
Exceptions being FPGA's and I2C. FPGA's because on a lot of boards they
control enough stuff that you may not be able to init memory witout
them. (On ours it could be deffered without problems). I2C is necessary
to read the info off of the SDRAM modules when memory is NOT soldered
down.

On Freescale CPU's that means all IO-pin setup and CPM reset has to be
done before memory init also.