[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot-NG ?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jul 3 23:13:06 CEST 2007

In message <fa686aa40707031221y7f30c01n38f0b13be9600ebc at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Sorry; let me be more specific; any objection to moving device
> initialization to *after* relocation to RAM.  I'm not asking about
> removing console output.

Yes, I *do* object. Please see previous messages.

You know how much I'm fighting over a few bytes memory footprint here
and there, but this is something that is  so  vitally  important  for
porting  U-Boot to green hardware that I am happy to "waste" whatever
it needs in terms of memory for this feature.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs  who  has  never
learned to walk.                              - Franklin D. Roosevelt