[U-Boot-Users] U-boot refactoring

Jon Loeliger jdl at jdl.com
Tue Jul 3 23:19:16 CEST 2007

So, like, the other day Wolfgang Denk mumbled:

> I still have to revocer from the pile of work that stacked up during OLS,

You too? :-)

> but I already managed to merge u-boot-testing today.

Hooray!  Thanks!

> My plan is:
>
> 1) Create a branch and a custodian repo for U-Boot 2.x (note that I
>    dislike both the names "U-Boot-NG" and "U2Boot"; not to mention
>    legal issues when using branded names like "U2").

Ugh.  I totally agree with WD here.

> 3) Officially announce the release cycle thingy.

Hey Grant -- Did _that_ sound official enough to you? :-)

> 4) Pull Jon's "cmdcfg" patch series into testing.

Pleas delay this a few days -- there's more brewing still, and
it would be best to get the next round completely, I think.

Thanks,
jdl