[U-Boot-Users] U-boot refactoring

Jon Loeliger jdl at freescale.com
Thu Jul 5 22:29:13 CEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-05 at 15:09, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <1183661913.26273.49.camel at ld0161-tx32> you wrote:
> >
> > Say....  Not to put _too_ fine a spin on this, but there
> > is a _veeery_ similar issue brewing with the POST CFG_ symbols...
>
> Let me know if you have specific ideas how  to  change  these;  we're
> working  in  that  area right now (adding 440EPx POST support), so we
> can do it better right from the start.

Ah, these have the same problem that the Command Line
selection has -- Bit fields are being used at compile
time to select code portions.  We'll need to introduce
symbols such as CONFIG_POST_x for each of the existing
CFG_POST_x symbols, and modify the users to have the
features conditionally compiled like #if defined(CONFIG_POST_x)
as well as modifying some (fewer!) board config files
to explicitly list which CONFIG_POST_x features are wanted.

Naturally, this can be done in a round after the Command
Line Config updates too!

jdl