[U-Boot-Users] [FIX] FDT bug - MPC83xx

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Tue Jul 10 15:26:13 CEST 2007

Michal Simek wrote:
> Hi,
> thanks for explanation.
> Do you have any documentation about FDT? I would like to test it.
> I have proprietary board with MPC8343 like a testing platform and if
> is useful for Microblaze, I will try to port it.
>
> Best regards,
> Michal

Documentation? We don't need no steeenkin' documentation!

I'm NOT a fdt expert.  I simply stood on the experts' shoulders.  To be
specific, I took David Gibson's libfdt interface library and created a
"fdt" command on top of that.  As part of that, I adapted some board,
etc, munging that was done as part of the "bootm" command to use David's
libfdt as well, instead of the older set of utilities (the older utility
routines have a kinda funky interface).

If you look at the custodians' page
   <http://www.denx.de/wiki/UBoot/Custodians>
you will see a pointer to my Work In Progress page
   <http://www.denx.de/wiki/UBoot/UBootFdtInfo>

I've just added a background section that is a lot of jump-off links for
more information.
<http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/UBoot/UBootFdtInfo#Background_Information_on_Flatte>

Note that it's a wiki -- please add improvements!

gvb