[U-Boot-Users] Reading mediacard compressed files

Joey Oravec joravec at drewtech.com
Fri Jul 13 17:35:09 CEST 2007

"Junior" <ejr at inbox.com> wrote in message
news:335F22A093A.000001A1ejr at inbox.com...
> Thanks, That did it:
>                 Partition 1: Filesystem: FAT32 "NO NAME    "
>
> But how do I read from this partition then do an uncompress?

You probably already have gunzip() available because it's in
common/cmd_bootm.c. If you want to do this from the command line you'll
probably need to add a new u-boot command. Check common/cmd_fat.c for
examples of the U_BOOT_CMD() macro and doc/README.commands for instructions.

There are a few examples of gunzip within common/cmd_lcd.c for displaying a
compressed bitmap. Usually it's just done from code.

-joey