[U-Boot-Users] Reading mediacard compressed files

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Fri Jul 13 17:41:34 CEST 2007

Junior wrote:
> [...]

Hi Junior,

Your original message says "uncompress it to SD memory."  If you are
expecting to write the resulting data back to your media card (my
interpretation of "SD memory"), I don't think you can get there without
a lot of work.

IIRC, the file systems supported by u-boot are read-only.  The
expectation is that, if you want to write to a file system, you should
us an operating system, not a boot loader.

gvb