[U-Boot-Users] [RFC] Splash image

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Wed Jul 18 17:37:23 CEST 2007

On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 04:47:38PM +0200, Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:

> I already have a big rewrite of the LCD driver, as I already told you some
> time ago. Till now I did'nt find the time to post it, sorry. Will do so
> next week. It supports dynamic display configuration via FDT, which
> requires substantial modification.

Great! Can we have a preview? :P

Which modifications are you talking about? In the per-CPU framebuffer
code?

> Nevertheless, for true-color display (BPP >= 8) we should use
> "drivers/cfb_console.c". "common/lcd.c" just supports properly monochrome
> and 8-bit displays with color table. It would make more sense to spend time
> for a unified display driver in U-Boot. Unfortunately, that's not a trivial
> task.

I see. Currently I need a splash screen for my custom boards so I have
to find a quinck&trick solution! ;)

However I'll do modifications on your new code.

Thanks,

Rodolfo

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail:    giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                             giometti at gnudd.com
Embedded Systems                     		giometti at linux.it
UNIX programming                     phone:     +39 349 2432127