[U-Boot-Users] [RFC] Splash image

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Thu Jul 19 10:33:15 CEST 2007

On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 10:19:52AM +0200, Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> Matthias Fuchs wrote:
>> Hi Wolfgang,
>> it would be fine if you consider my 'add splashimage positioning support'
>> patch
>> I sent to the list about two weeks ago. This allows positioning the
>> splashimage somewhere or even aligned through the splashimage variable.
>
> OK. But this patch is for cfb_console.c, which I actually do not use or
> even touch. I'm dealing with "common/lcd.c", which is different in various
> respects :-(. Hope you now realized the mess. Nevertheless, from my point
> of view, the patch is fine and can go up-stream, but I'm not the custodian.
> Rodolfo, have you looked at it?

Yes, but I hold it for the following reasons:

1) waiting for your modifications regarding the new video support.

2) "Logo" vs "Splash". I think we should remove the logo support
definitely.

3) "common/lcd.c" vs "drivers/cfb_console.c". We should drop one? I
vote for lcd.c.

4) Few time to dedicate. :)

However if you consider the patch ok, I'll add it to the u-boot-video
repository. But the main task here is to clean the code regarding
video support ASAP.

Ciao,

Rodolfo

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail:    giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                             giometti at gnudd.com
Embedded Systems                     		giometti at linux.it
UNIX programming                     phone:     +39 349 2432127