[U-Boot-Users] Testing INCA-IP Ethernet module in Loopback mode using U-boot

Ben Warren bwarren at qstreams.com
Thu Jul 19 16:35:18 CEST 2007

Adarsh,

On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 02:16 -0700, Anamik Rao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to develop an stand alone application in u-boot, to test the
> loopback operation of INCA-IP ethernet module.

I have nothing specific for your chip, but a suggestion for an
alternative approach.

In case you're not aware, code was added to U-boot a few months ago in:

commit 83853178bd36bca6f0f8f1331476620c84a587fc

for responding to ICMP requests.  If you put your PHY in loopback, you
can use the 'ping' command to generate traffic without building a
throwaway stand-alone application.  Of course you'll need to format your
code as a U-boot driver, but it's not that hard, people are here to help
and eventually you'll need to do it anyway.

Just a thought...

regards,
Ben