[U-Boot-Users] Testing INCA-IP Ethernet module in Loopback mode using U-boot

Anamik Rao anamikrao at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 19 11:16:45 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am trying to develop an stand alone application in u-boot, to test the
loopback operation of INCA-IP ethernet module.
For
          -initializing the ethernet module,
          -sending data and receiving data  from the ethernet module,
          -halting the ethernet module

the  u-boot code is used .

I have modified the following bits in different registers,

           1.Enabled the state machine of the Ethernet Physical Access
controller in MDIO_CFG register.
           2.Disabled the initialization of EPHY register.
           3.Enabled the auto-negotiation in PHY_BCR of LAN port.
           4.Disabled the reset in PHY_BCR of LAN port.
           5.Selected the loopback option in the PHY_BCR of LAN port.
           6.Any packet coming from the CPU port is directly forwarded to
the LAN port.
              This is done by setting the appropriate bits in the CPU_PCTL
register.
            7.LED's are used to determine the status of the loopback link.
            8.LED multiplexer is enabled in the TSF_CONF register.
            9.The LED_CONF register is set such that ethernet module shows
us the link status through the LED's.
            10.The LED #1 is configured to flash on recieving of data.

With all these settings I am trying to send a data packet and recieve it
again.However, we could transmit the packet from the CPU port to the LAN
port.But, we are not able to receive this packet in the "recieve module" of
the LAN port.

If anyone has performed a similar verification earlier, please help me out.

Adarsh