[U-Boot-Users] U-boot ColdFire development

w.wegner at astro-kom.de w.wegner at astro-kom.de
Thu Jul 26 17:46:07 CEST 2007

Hi,

I just found another potential problem with the MCF532x/537x port.

In speed.c, there is currently no handling for CONFIG_MONITOR_IS_IN_RAM.
Additionally, the order of the SDRAM controller workaround and re-enabling RAM
has to be changed like this according to the freescale errata document:

	/* software workaround for SDRAM opeartion after exiting LIMP mode errata */
	*sdram_workaround = CFG_SDRAM_BASE;

	/*
	 * Return the SDRAM to normal operation if it is in use.
	 */

I am currently trying to work out the SDRAM self-refresh code so I can contribute it here.

(With the modifications from the last email, I have parts of the new coldfire u-boot already
running. However, I still have problems with this PLL code - probably because I am running
from RAM at the moment- and with env_init, of which I did not yet further investigate the
latter.)

Regards,
Wolfgang