[U-Boot-Users] U-boot for MCF5329

Robert S. Grimes rsg at alum.mit.edu
Fri Jul 27 04:53:33 CEST 2007

Liew Tsi Chung-r5aahp wrote:
> Robert,
>
> 	Just to let you know that the denx git server now have M5329 support. Please use it for your future development.

Hi TsiChung,

I just downloaded it, and after a couple of silly hiccups, I got it to
compile.  However, it did get very far.  I at first thought it was the
call to icache_enable() at the end of cpu_init_f(), as gdb always got
there, until I temporarily removed it discovered the real culprit.  It
was the setup of CS2 for the NAND Flash.  I am 99% sure I have a
M5329BFE Fire Engine, as I have the M5329EVB, but it seems something's
wrong there.  If I pretent I have the M5329AFE (i.e. no NAND Flash), it
works great!  Burned it to NOR and power-cycle - boots right up!

I would like to get the NAND working, though... Any ideas?

Thanks!
-Bob