[U-Boot-Users] U-boot for MCF5329

w.wegner at astro-kom.de w.wegner at astro-kom.de
Fri Jul 27 13:55:15 CEST 2007

Hi Bob,

did you try running U-Boot from RAM?
I am still trying to get CONFIG_MONITOR_IS_IN_RAM to work completely, but am stuck in
speed.c/clock_pll().

When trying to put the RAM (Mobile DDR in my case) into self-refresh mode and/or setting
the PLL via LIMP mode, the program crashes. The function itself is copied from the linux
kernel, but there it is used only with fsys==0, thus bypassing the whole re-setting of the PLL.

All is working when I let the code run from flash or completely disable re-setting the PLL by
some #ifndef CONFIG_MONITOR_IS_IN_RAM, and now I am wondering if this has
something to do with my RAM, or if I am still doing anything wrong when trying to put the
RAM in self-refresh mode.

Best regards,
Wolfgang

PS: the problem in env_init was related to bad chip select setups, I did not realize that the
      values of CFG_CSx_BASE had to be truncacted to the upper 16 bits