[U-Boot-Users] How to add Timer Interrupt to u-boot?

Jerry Van Baren gvb.uboot at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 14:57:33 CEST 2007

Robert wrote:
> Hello all:
>
>     Everybody knows how to add Timer Interrupt to the u-boot?
> I wrote a fuction called timer0_isr(), and wanted to add it to Uboot,
> but I didn't know what to do,  Does the uboot has a funciton like
> function  request_irq() in linux kernel?
>     Thanks in advance!
>
> With kind regards,
>
> Robert Xia

Hi Robert,

Interrupts are not used by u-boot (with some rare exceptions).
Generally things poll and there is usually some type of counter register
(processor or board-specific) for measuring elapsed time.

If you really need interrupts, you will probably have to set up the
vectors, interrupt registers, etc. yourself.

Best regards,
gvb