[U-Boot-Users] How to add Timer Interrupt to u-boot?

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Mon Jul 30 16:17:41 CEST 2007

Hi Robert,

>     Everybody knows how to add Timer Interrupt to the u-boot?
> I wrote a fuction called timer0_isr(), and wanted to add it to Uboot,
> but I didn't know what to do,  Does the uboot has a funciton like
> function  request_irq() in linux kernel?

As Jerry told you, U-Boot generally avoids using interrupts.

For some architectures however we have code to allow using interrupts,
e.g. from standalone applications.  You can look at
examples/interrupt.c which effectively was written with
cpu/mpc5xxx/interrupts.c in mind.  The latter was of course derived
from the Linux version so it shouldn't be a big problem to do
something similar for other architectures.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
Once the  implementation is  up and running,  it is still a trick to keep it
running.  In a normal,  closed implementation,  this is not a problem;  in a