[U-Boot-Users] U-boot and IXP425 NPE

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Mon Jun 4 08:16:25 CEST 2007

On Sunday 03 June 2007, Ori Idan wrote:
> I am trying to compile network support for IXP425 NPE
>
> First I got error for undefined CONFIG_PHY_ADDR
>
> I have defined CONFIG_PHY_ADDR
>
> It then compiled and gave me undefined functions: miiphy_read,
> miiphy_speed, miiphy_duplex
>
> Has anyone successfuly operated IXP425 NPE?

Yes, it's supported on used on multiple platforms. Although we still have a
problem with the NPE-microcode in the current version. I have a patch for
this in my queue.

Back to your question: You seem to be missing the MII support in your board
config file (CONFIG_MII). Best would be to "clone" your board config file
from a known to be working version, like "ixdpg425.h" or "pdnb3.h".

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de