[U-Boot-Users] U-boot and IXP425 NPE

Carsten Schlote c.schlote at konzeptpark.de
Mon Jun 4 09:56:30 CEST 2007

Hallo,

> ... Yes, it's supported on used on multiple platforms. Although
> we still have a problem with the NPE-microcode in the current
> version. I have a patch for this in my queue.

I'm porting u-boot to a Moxa UC7420 box :-) As it is not yet working,
it's fine to hear it should. For now the microcode seems to be uploaded
(tried 2.3 and 2.4 version), the NET LED starts flickering, but U-Boot
say something about NPE-B upload failed and no eth device found. Could
the patch in the queue fix this problem? If it does, I'd like to test
this patch, before I start to investigate the problem myself...

> Back to your question: You seem to be missing the MII support
> in your board config file (CONFIG_MII). Best would be to
> "clone" your board config file from a known to be working
> version, like "ixdpg425.h" or "pdnb3.h".

I used the pdnb3 board as a template, and just copied the MII defines
from there. Everthing compiles just fine. I asked myself, if the PHY
addresses need to be adapted for each board?

Regards
Carsten

Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirusKit
Version: AVK 17.5142 from 04.06.2007