[U-Boot-Users] at45.c repeated / ditto with flash.c (arm920t board)

Ladislav Michl ladis at linux-mips.org
Mon Jun 4 13:37:43 CEST 2007

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 01:04:15PM +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <2accc2ff0706040222g47a35bbdxe6151530114d1dd6 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> > I'm creating a patch against git/HEAD and I noticed
> > that after the patch we get a file (at45.c) 3 times.
>
> Please make sure to use the current code base, in this case the
> u-boot-arm custodian repository; see
> http://www.denx.de/wiki/UBoot/Custodians

This repository will not help him. It doesn't contain anything usefull
from at91rm9200 perspective. But once I'm writing... Could anyone
responsible tell me what should I do get at least *some* response to
patches sent to mailing list? (except being patient, which I'm really
good at ;-))

> > * Is it ok I send a patch to factor it?
>
> If it makes sense, of course.

I'll send that patch for second time, splited to two smaller chunks for
easier review.

> > The patch also duplicates the file
> >
> >   board/at91rm9200dk/flash.c
> >
> > Can it be factored? How should it be done?
>
> Umm... cannot you use the CFI driver instead?

Umm... cannot you use some less obsolete and broken by design chip? ;-)

Gmane search doesn't work for me, so you can try later yourself: