[U-Boot-Users] Blocking network in ixp425

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Jun 5 11:05:35 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 05 June 2007, Teemu Keskinarkaus wrote:
> I'm working with the ixp425 based system. The u-boot is also working
> fine except I noticed that the network calls like eth_rx is blocking.
> That creates problem with the software that has to work with the U-boot
> because whole system is block and timing and stuff won't work.

I have to admit, that I don't really know what you mean. When U-Boot is doing
ethernet communication, it is not doing anything else. Or am I missing
something here?

Of course, timeout handling should work while doing ethernet traffic.

> I know that some systems have non-blocking network functions (like the
> one where I took the software that I'm working on with ixp425) so is it
> possible to get them for ixp425 too? Can it be done by configuration or
> does it need some code changes?

Not sure what you talk about. But such changes will require code changes.

> For reason beyond me I have to use base version 1.1.2, but I can take
> some stuff from newer version if it's required to get the non-blocking
> network commands to work.

Please try to use the current (to-of-git) version of U-Boot. What error
message do you get?

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de