[U-Boot-Users] TFTP with U-Boot

Robin Randhawa robin.randhawa at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 14:12:05 CEST 2007

Hi Midhun.

The tftp client seems to be timing out.

Some tips that might shed light on your problem :

1. For testing purposes, ensure that you only have the host and the
target board on the network, either via a crossed ethernet cable or a
hub.

2. As a quick test, run /usr/sbin/in.tftpd "by hand", ie not via the
init.d scripts and see if that makes a difference.

3. Triple-check your portmapper setup. Invariably, tftp is clamped in
the hosts.allow/deny framework by default.

4. Use wire-shark (formerly ethereal) to snoop on the wire and see
what's going on. This is probably your best bet.

Cheers,
Robin