[U-Boot-Users] TFTP with U-Boot

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Wed Jun 6 15:26:05 CEST 2007

Robin Randhawa wrote:
> Hi Midhun.
>
> The tftp client seems to be timing out.
>
> Some tips that might shed light on your problem :

If you have not done this already, make sure your server is serving the
file to itself and another computer before trying to use u-boot to get
the file.

a. On your linux server, do "tftp localhost" and get the target file.

b. On a separate machine, do "tftp 222.222.101.117" (your server_ip per
below) and get the target file.

You also have a link status "Jun  6 12:17:50 kernel: e100: eth0:
e100_watchdog: link up, 10Mbps, half-duplex".  Is 10Mbps half duplex
correct for your link?  If not, you are likely having an autonegotiation
problem - 10/half is the "other side is stupid, I gotta guess"
configuration.  If this is wrong, you probably have a PHY configuration
problem (likely the MII connection to the PHY - H/W and/or S/W).

gvb