[U-Boot-Users] The Network performance

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jun 6 21:15:41 CEST 2007

In message <1181148596.30166.30.camel at localhost> you wrote:

> Recently, I got my board(S3C2410 based, running on 150MHz) work with
> SMSC's LAN9118, the driver comes from SMSC and is configured to 32bit
> mode.
> I simply test the network performance by download a 32MB file via tftp.
> All the testing are done in 100Mb full-duplex LAN.
> It needs nearly 40s to finish.
> My question is... Is it usual? How about your board.

The first 'T' in  TFTP  stands  for  "trivial",  and  that  describes
exactly what the implementation is. It is definitely NOT suitable for
performance benchmarks.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Do we define evil as the absence of goodness? It seems only  logical
that shit happens--we discover this by the process of elimination."
                                                        -- Larry Wall