[U-Boot-Users] u-boot on nadflash for at91sam9260ek

Victor Librado vlibrado at bioingenieria.es
Wed Jun 6 19:32:09 CEST 2007

I am using the same value for the SMC registers as stated in my linux
kernel board-at91sam9260ek.c. In linux I can perform nandflash
read/erase/write ok. (flash_eraseall / nandwrite commands).

May I have to define the JFFS2 partitions in u-boot configuration
my_board.h as I have in Linux?

Commands: *CONFIG_JFFS2_NAND_OFF*, CONFIG_JFFS2_NAND_SIZE ...?

Regards,
Víctor

Victor,
you should check registers settings and timing into yourboard.h
configuration file

Ciao

Victor Librado ha scritto:

> > Hello all,
> > I'm working with u-boot for booting in nandflash with the evaluation
> > board atmel at91sam9260ek. Nandflash reads ok, but performing and erase
> > doesn`t work.
> >
> > I get these messages trying to erase a block of the nand and writing the
> > environment variables to nandflash.
> >
> > Any help? I'm missing a configuration parameter in config or what may
> > happens?
> >

> > U-Boot> saveenv
> > Saving Environment to NAND...
> > Erasing redundant Nand...Timeout!U-Boot>
> > U-Boot>
> >

> > U-Boot> nand erase 0x60000 0x20000
> >
> > NAND erase: device 0 offset 0x60000, size 0x20000
> > Timeout!
> > SAM NAND 256MiB 3,3V 8-bit: MTD Erase failure: -5
> >
> > OK

Victor Librado Sancho
Departamento I+D