[U-Boot-Users] IXP4xx Silicon version

Jonathan Pratt Jonathan.Pratt at elprotech.com
Thu Jun 7 00:38:16 CEST 2007

Hi all

I'm not sure if anyone else has found it to be a problem but some boards
we recently had built have an IXP425 on them which reports a Product
Revision value 0x2 (lowest four bits of CP15, reg 0). This is only a
problem because the file

cpu/ixp/npe/npe.c

uses this field in the npe_initialize function to decide how to
determine how many ethernet ports there are. Unfortunately the case
statement only accounts for revision values 0x0
(IX_FEATURE_CTRL_SILICON_TYPE_A0) and 0x01
(IX_FEATURE_CTRL_SILICON_TYPE_B0) so that the existing code doesn't
think that these processors have any ethernet ports available. I found
that by adding a 'default:' statement before line #639 remedied the
problem. This file is part of u-boot, not the Intel npe library.

Since it seems that someone is immanently about to release a patch on
the npe stuff anyway, would it be too much trouble to add the 'default:'
statement or otherwise handle this product revision?

Thanks

Jonathan Pratt
Senior Development Engineer
ELPRO Technologies P/L