[U-Boot-Users] Are there any instructions how to compile U-boot for ixp425 target?

Teemu Keskinarkaus Teemu.Keskinarkaus at cc-systems.com
Thu Jun 7 10:14:37 CEST 2007

Hi,

I took the advice and tried fresh u-boot. I pulled latest u-boot-ixp
from GIT and modified the include/configs/ixdp425.h file so that it
would match my current one on those parts that has something to do with
the hardware. That's only file I modified.

Then I gave commands:

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=armeb-unknown-linux-gnu-  ixpd425_config

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=armeb-unknown-linux-gnu-

The latter command stopped to error:

make -C cpu/ixp/npe/

make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/teemu/tmp/u-boot/u-boot-ixp/cpu/ixp/npe'

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `IxNpeMicrocode.c', needed by
`.depend'.  Stop.

I checked and that file is missing so I'm guessing here comes the part
where I need the Intel library? I tried to search for instructions what
to do, but I couldn't find any and I vaguely remember someone telling
that there isn't at least for ixp. This is first time I'm trying to get
the U-boot to work from the scratch so (detailed) instructions would
help a lot.

Teemu K.