[U-Boot-Users] Arithmetic expansion from shell

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jun 7 14:08:39 CEST 2007

In message <7114f92a0706070454g38b5d8e9s135236addf46e216 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I wanted to write a script which could parse file image header before
> booting. Initially we thought Hush script could do the job but it
> seems the arithmetic expansion is not supported with either the
> default command parser or the hush shell (no 'let' command either).
> Could you please confirm if this is correct?

Yes.

> Also, if the above is correct, I am planning to write a bootstrap
> function/command (board specific code) with something like
> bootcmd=<bootsrap init cmd>; bootm

What would that be good for?

> Is this write approach?

Depends on what you want to do. I've been doing a lot of things with
U-Boot, and so far I never needed this.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
They're usually so busy thinking about what  happens  next  that  the
only  time they ever find out what is happening now is when they come
to look back on it.                 - Terry Pratchett, _Wyrd Sisters_