[U-Boot-Users] Arithmetic expansion from shell

Hemant Pedanekar hemantp at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 13:54:00 CEST 2007

Hello all,
I wanted to write a script which could parse file image header before
booting. Initially we thought Hush script could do the job but it
seems the arithmetic expansion is not supported with either the
default command parser or the hush shell (no 'let' command either).
Could you please confirm if this is correct?

Also, if the above is correct, I am planning to write a bootstrap
function/command (board specific code) with something like

bootcmd=<bootsrap init cmd>; bootm

Is this write approach?

Thanks,
Hemant.