[U-Boot-Users] u-boot patches

Ben Warren bwarren at qstreams.com
Fri Jun 8 21:44:17 CEST 2007

Simon,

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 17:07 +0100, Simon Howard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Apologies for the screwup with the previous message; my company uses
> Microsoft Outlook which munged up my message.  Hopefully this should
> be better.  My original (intended) message follows:

Poor you.
> --
>
>  Hi,
>
>  Attached are some patches that my company has developed for u-boot.
> They should work against the latest git version.
>
>  tftp.patch fixes some problems that we had with u-boot's tftp client:
> we experienced some problems when packets were lost.
>
>  mpc8349emds.patch fixes some problems with the MPC8349EMDS board.
>
>  tsec_ks8721bl.patch adds TSEC driver support for the Micrel KS8721BL PHY.
>
>  Please Cc: me for any responses as I do not intend to stay on the
> u-boot mailing list permanently.

Before these patches can go further, they require some work.  Initial
scan:

1. No 'Signed-off-by' line.
2. Lines > 78 characters are bad.
3. Each patch should be in a separate e-mail with proper 'Subject' line.
4. C++ - style comments are bad
5. Unless you bought an MPC8349EMDS board without a BCSR, the #ifdef is
pointless.  The last time I checked, it was a pretty important piece of
hardware for this evaluation platform.
6. Adding your copyright to files where you made a small patch is bad
form.  If everybody did this it would be a big mess.
7. Although there are plenty of examples to the contrary, variable names
should start with small letters.
8. There are tab indentation issues.

Again, this is an initial scan.  There may be more issues, so I
encourage you to read the patch submission documentation and coding
standards and then re-submit.

These are all little things, so please don't be discouraged.

regards,
Ben