[U-Boot-Users] Are there any instructions how to compile U-boot for ixp425 target?

Teemu Keskinarkaus Teemu.Keskinarkaus at cc-systems.com
Wed Jun 13 10:01:03 CEST 2007

>      I too am new in this field but working on same thing but on
IXP420
> Platform for Router board.
Hi,

I was able to get the U-boot to show the console right. I took the old
modified version, compared to same unmodified version and made the
changed to latest version. Sounds complicated. ;)

Only thing that I was unable to get to work was network. I have applied
the Intel microcode stuff version 2.3(should it be version 2.4 which is
the latest?). I have also copied the network settings from ixpg425.h

I did some digging and noticed that default environment variable weren't
set correctly. Network device were missing its MAC address. I did some
quick'n'dirty tests and set the MAC address where it was checked and was
able to continue the network init. Next error was:

Error downloading firmware to NPE-B!

FeatureCtrlDevice is 0 and Stepping is 1. Only first Ethernet port is
configured in use (CONFIG_HAS_ETH1 is not set) although hardware has
both ports.

Any idea what might be wrong? Or is it related somehow to that
environment problem? I have following defines in
include/configs/ixpd425.h

#define CONFIG_ETHADDR          18:20:3e:26:0a:5b
#define CONFIG_ETH1ADDR         18:20:3e:26:0a:5c
#define CONFIG_NETMASK          255.255.255.0
#define CONFIG_IPADDR           192.168.11.201
#define CONFIG_SERVERIP         192.168.11.10

#define CONFIG_BOOTCOMMAND      "cp.b 0x500a0000 1700000 0x17FFFF\;
bootm 1700000"
#define CONFIG_BOOTARGS         "<mybootargsremoved>"

Only the bootargs gets defined correctly to environment variables

- Teemu K.