[U-Boot-Users] MII - RMII Link status detection

Ingo Swieter ingo.swieter at brunel.de
Wed Jun 13 15:08:24 CEST 2007

Hello,

i run u-boot on the Embedded Planet EP88xC evaluation board.
Like the name indicates the board is equipped with a Freescale
MPC885 processor.
On the board are two PHYs connected over MII. With u-boot
i am able to see the link status of the PHYs with a slightly
modified  do_mii function.

My main question is, if anyone knows, if it is also possible to
check the link status of the PHYs over RMII, because on our target
the PHYs shall be connected over the reduced interface.

My second problem has nothing to deal with u-boot but with Linux:
We want to use the two network devices as one bonding device for
high availability.So i configured and compiled the bonding module
and the ifenslave command. Transfered it to the eval board and
could successfully load (insmod) the module. The problem is that
the bonding module do not receive a link down signal from the
fec driver and so do not recognize a missing/broken cable or
similar.

Best Regards,
Ingo

--

Ingo Swieter

Tel: 05121/1760-821
Mail: ingo.swieter at brunel.de

Brunel GmbH
Bereich Communications
Daimlerring 9
31135 Hildesheim
Fax: 05121/1760-999
Internet: http://www.brunel.de

Hauptsitz: Airport City, Hermann-Köhl-Str. 1 a, 28199 Bremen
Amtsgericht Bremen HRB 16935
General Manager: Carsten Siebeneich