[U-Boot-Users] Port for M5329EVB ColdFire MCF5329 eval board - needs network!

Robert S. Grimes rsg at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jun 14 04:14:51 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I've been working on a port for the Freescale/LogicPD eval board with
the ColdFire MCF5329 microcontroller.  I've got it up and running from
flash and all.  No network yet - and I'm not sure how to proceed there.
It seems from an example or two that U-Boot network drivers are usually
fairly simple.  Is it true that a simple polled driver is sufficient?

I'd like to get Ethernet working, but I have more pressing concerns
right now, so I can't really spend a lot of time on it. However, I'd be
interested in working with others, and certainly would welcome a bit
more guidance; I haven't really found much in the way of an "Ethernet
Driver How-To", and I've looked.  Of course, I could have missed it...

On a different topic, I would like to submit my BSP.  I don't know how
interested people would be, given its current state - no Ethernet, and
frankly, not extensively tested.  I will be using it over the next few
months, so I'd expect these to improve, but it's probably not really
ready for formal inclusion.  What does one do in such situations?  What
is the process for new BSPs, especially incomplete "beta" versions?

Thanks for your time,
-Bob