[U-Boot-Users] Can a BDI2K be used with a bare/erased 834x based system?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jun 20 01:11:43 CEST 2007

In message <46783605.2070206 at freescale.com> you wrote:

> I can say that I haven't had any real problems with the BDI-2000 on any Freescale
> reference board I've used.  However, creating a BDI-2000 configuration file is tricky,
> especially if you're debugging U-Boot.  U-Boot will generally not boot on a board that has
> had some BDI-2000 pre-programming (i.e. stuff in the [INIT] section).  So I usually have

This is not correct. You just have to  understand  (and  Reading  the
Fine  Manual  helps once more) the difference between "reset run" and
"reset halt".

> two configuration files: one just for flashing, and the other for debugging early U-Boot.

This is usually *not* necessary.

> The one for flashing will initialize the CPU, DDR, and flash memory.

Just always use this configuration, and use "reset run" when you don't
wan to run the init sequence.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Summit meetings tend to be like panda matings. The expectations  are
always high, and the results usually disappointing."   - Robert Orben