[U-Boot-Users] moving u-boot to FSL8641HPCN core1

L.Campora at Sirti.it L.Campora at Sirti.it
Wed Jun 27 11:40:52 CEST 2007

Hi all,
I am quite new to U-Boot,

'm trying to change u-boot 1.2.0 distribution for Freescale Argonavis
evaluation board (mounting FSL 8641D) in order to obtain the following
behaviour:
- run u-boot on core1 instead f core0 ASAP.
My "state-of-the art" is the following: in start.S (cold_boot) when
running from core0 (startup core)  I unlock core1 MPX bus, then I raise a
hreset to core1 via PRR: at this point core0 has finished.
Then, core1 starts and executes u-boot normally.
Point is: u-boot is executed, got prompt, etc... but some of the
peripherals does not work. For instance, I cannot receive or transmit
ethernet frames through any of the 4 ports.

Any hint on how to proceed?

Another problem is obtaining an up-to-date source tree from a ftp site: I
do not have access to cvs repositories from my intranet due to my ISA
server, but current 1.2.0 officially downloadable from DENX
ftp site seems to miss all the 8641D-specific changes I've seen browsing
the u-boot-users mailing list. Is there ftp access to the latest
development line?

Thanks in advance!

luigi

Luigi Campora