[U-Boot-Users] MPC8560ADS Ethernet question

Mark Pilant Mark.Pilant at mintera.com
Wed Jun 27 15:56:44 CEST 2007

Greetings.

I've been trying to get U-Boot 1.2.0 (the latest available from
ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/u-boot) up and running on our Freescale
MPC8560ADS evaluation board.  For the most part, it all goes
well.

However, the one problem I have encountered is the FCC Ethernet
device does not get configured.  I am using the sources right
from the tarball without any changes.

One other problem I have seen is of I change MPC8560ADS.h to use
the TSEC instead of the FCC for Ethernet traffic, the devices are
seen but the PHY auto negotiation times out.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

BTW, if I use the U-Boot sources included with the BSP (1.1.2)
the TSEC Ethernet works fine, although I haven't been able to get
the FCC Ethernet interface to work.

Thanks in advance.

- Mark

This email message and any attachments are confidential and may contain information which is proprietary to Mintera Corporation. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Mintera Corporation immediately -- by replying to this message or by sending an email to postmaster at mintera.com -- and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. Thank you.