[U-Boot-Users] MPC832x EMDS and PCI expansion board

Richard Parsons rparsons at cambridgebroadband.com
Fri Jun 29 11:38:14 CEST 2007

On Thursday 28 June 2007 21:20, Randy Vinson wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> I've run into the same problem. The information I received was to run
> the PCI bus at 33MHz only. Note that the PCI speed selection in U-Boot
> doesn't seem to do anything. The code is trying to set the divider bits
> in the OCCR register, but the 832x chip doesn't have those bits. To
> change to 33MHz, I had to change SW4-4 (CFG_CLKDVB).
>
> I also experienced problems with the power-on reset. If I used the reset
> button on the 8323 processor board, I got much better results.
>
> I think the problem may be caused by the removal of some pullup
> resistors in the processor card. The schematic I have for the Rev 1.1
> processor board shows the pullups for nXPCI1_DEVSEL, nXPCI1_FRAME,
> nXPCI1_IRDY, nXPCI1_TRDY, nXPCI1_PERR, nXPCI1_SERR, and nXPCI1_STOP
> marked "DNP" which I infer to mean "Do Not Populate." The Rev 1 board
> did not have the DNP marking for those pullups and worked fine for me. I
> don't know what Rev processor card you are using, so this may not be
> related to your problem.
>
> Randy V.

Hi Randy,

Thanks for the hints :-) the hardware  I have is the the Revision 1.0
Prototype1 production (so the label on the board says so)

Changing the Clock to 33Mhz didnt seem to do anything for me and still have
lots of dumb PCI devices listed. Next I think I have to drag out the DSO and
see what the bus wobbles look like (the reset is concerning to me, so it cant
hurt to check it)

Could the Lowboot affect the PCI bus? ( but then I have tried low and highboot
to no avail, so I dont think its that)

Other than putting uboot in to debug mode to see whats going on with the PCI
bus.

TIA,
Richard Parsons

Cambridge Broadband Networks opens new African regional headquarters <http://www.cambridgebroadband.com/mi30may07.htm>

Cambridge Broadband appoints telecoms industry veteran John Cronin as chairman <<http://www.cambridgebroadband.com/mi20feb07.htm>

Cambridge Broadband Networks Limited

Registered in England and Wales under company number: 03879840
Registered office: Selwyn House, Cambridge Business Park, Cowley Road, Cambridge CB4 0WZ, UK.
VAT number: GB 741 0186 64

This email and any attachments are private and confidential. If you believe you have received this email in error please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any other storage mechanism. Cambridge Broadband Networks Limited cannot accept liability for any statements made which are clearly the individual sender's own and not expressly made on behalf of Cambridge Broadband Networks Limited.