[U-Boot-Users] MPC832x EMDS and PCI expansion board

Randy Vinson rvinson at mvista.com
Fri Jun 29 20:11:59 CEST 2007

Richard Parsons wrote:
> Hi Randy,
>
> Thanks for the hints :-) the hardware  I have is the the Revision 1.0
> Prototype1 production (so the label on the board says so)
Maybe I mis-remembered then. All I know is that I experienced the same
phantom device problem you are seeing. Have you tried adding another PCI
card so both PMC2 and PMC3 are populated?

> Changing the Clock to 33Mhz didnt seem to do anything for me and still have
> lots of dumb PCI devices listed. Next I think I have to drag out the DSO and
> see what the bus wobbles look like (the reset is concerning to me, so it cant
> hurt to check it)
My PCI bus analyzer showed TRDY stuck low (plus another signal stuck low
but I can't remember the signal name since this was a while back.) All I
know is that with the 8349 and 8360 processor cards, I could configure
PCI in U-Boot and I could get to a U-Boot prompt even if the processor
card was not attached to the PIBs. I could also boot a Linux kernel w/
PCI support with or without the PIBs. With the 832x card, if I
configured PCI in U-Boot, the card would hang if it was not connected to
the PIBs.

> Could the Lowboot affect the PCI bus? ( but then I have tried low and highboot
> to no avail, so I dont think its that)
I don't think that makes a difference.

Randy V.