[U-Boot-Users] Extremely tiny footprint

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at technotrade.biz
Fri Mar 2 16:29:18 CET 2007

> > We already have a BDI2000 which has issues programming the flash using
> > the workspace, so it reverts to the slow pure JTAG mode. I still have to
>
> That means you have not set up your board config file correctly.
>
> Instead of wasting your time on a two-level bootloader approach,  fix
> the config file instead.

That's what I've been trying to do for the past 6 months ! Nobody have been
able to help me, not even the Abatron distributor. I'm still trying to solve
the issue, which involves sending hardware samples, NDAs, ... If I had known
it would take so long for the support people to even work on my issue I would
have gone for a two-level bootloader approach (or anything else that just
works) right away.

> > Even using the internal workspace, the BDI2000 is not a very practical
> > solution, as it wouldn't be easy to integrate it in our test bench
>
> The BDI2000 is perfectly scriptable with  expect,  so  what  are  you
> missing?

The ability to make it fit in the bed of nails. It would involve designing a
new mechanical test bed. We obviously can't integrate the BDI in the test bed
PCB.

Laurent Pinchart