[U-Boot-Users] arm SoC code in U-Boot.

Haavard Skinnemoen hskinnemoen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 13:37:07 CET 2007

On 3/7/07, Stefan Roese <sr at denx.de> wrote:

> Why not try to match this a little more to the Linux directory structure:
>
> drivers/net/netarm_eth.*
> drivers/net/qe/*
> drivers/i2c/omap1510_i2c.*

I think this is a great idea. Grouping drivers together by function
makes them much easier to find, and it's also easier to find examples
when you're writing a new driver. With the current layout, you have to
grep through the drivers, cpu and board hierarchies to find existing
drivers similar to the one you're trying to write.

> >From my understanding the drivers mentioned above will fit in here much better
> than in some cpu directories. Just my 0.02$.
>
> BTW: I know it's always a problem to "move" code in a version control system
> because of the revision history.

git makes it much less of a problem than many other version control systems.

Haavard