[U-Boot-Users] SDRAM cache inhibit

David Clark dlclark at chtech.com
Wed Mar 7 16:35:49 CET 2007

> See the README. "Data cache ... cannot be disabled ..."

To be thorough, I am not disabling cache; I am instead marking the SDRAM
as cache inhibited via the BAT registers.

It was my understanding (apparently incorrect), from the README that the
reason "Data cache ... cannot be disabled ..." was due to the (mis-) use
cache for initialization purposes.  In my case my data cache is still
enabled and my CFG_INIT_RAM_ADDR block is still cacheable.

Is my understanding flawed?

David Clark
Senior Software Engineer
C&H Technologies, Inc